Ph.D program at ISME has been specially designed to cater to the scholarly needs of working executives / managers / faculty members / researchers/ entrepreneurs. The objective is to develop scholars for higher level careers in management research and teaching, practice, consulting, training and development & new business creation.
ISME Research Centre is a recognized centre of research of University of Mysore (UoM), offering Ph.D program in Management.
Our PhD programme brings together our first-class faculty and cutting-edge research methods in an immersive, exciting study environment, where the next generation of business scholars can refine their expertise.
The University of Mysore is recognized as an Institution of Excellence by the Government of India and is accredited with a Five Star status and an A+ grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). It is approved by UGC, Ministry of HRD, Govt.of India and is a Member of AIU.
Established in 1916, the University of Mysore celebrated 100 years of existence in 2016. The sixth university in India, and the first ever university established in Karnataka, the University of Mysore is a globally acclaimed institution of higher education.
International by Credentials and Culture
Academic partnerships with Carleton University, Canada, Singapore Institute of Management (SIM), Management Development Institute of Singapore will create international value for scholars.
ISME facilitates summer programs at the London School of Economics (LSE), UK
Faculty with International Exposure
All faculty at ISME bring with them an international exposure, which they have gained either by having studied abroad in leading universities or having worked in multinational corporations.
Qualified Research Mentors with research degrees from IIT, IIM and other prestigious institutions.
Driven by Excellence
Awards of Eminence for ISME as a Top B-School:
- Ranked 34th all India by Times of India B-School Ranking (2019).
- Ranked 3rd best B School of Eminence in India by Competition Success Review in 2019.
- Ranked 25th Best B-Schools in India by Business India, 2020.
- Recipient of Best ROI since 2006.
Corporate Centric Approach
The institute undertakes industry focused research to develop scholars to make an impact in academia as well as in the international business environment.
Strong integration with the corporate world right through the duration of the program through Industry conferences, panel discussions and guest lectures on industry relevant topics
Value Added Courses
ISME offers an additional and unique placement oriented value added term to groom students for the corporate world. The courses offered are around – Soft Skills, Communication Skills, Software Tools, and Research Skills.
Vibrant Campus Life
ISME has a modern on-campus residence for boys and girls. It features an open- air amphitheater, basketball,badminton and other sporting facilities with round- the clock security
Coursework classes on three days in a month at a stretch. Wi Fi enabled hostel facilities provided to accommodate scholars on these three days.
Access to library with latest journals and membership to IIM Bangalore Library and online access to British Council.
- Provisionally registered candidates shall undergo course work of one semester duration of 100 hours inclusive of course-end assessment.
- Coursework conducted in weekends over a period of 4 months.
- Calendar of events to be notified by the University.
- Course work classes to be conducted @ ISME research centre.
- Detailed course plan would be shared by the research centre.
- The suggested course structure for Ph.D. Programme in Management of UoM generally consists of :
- Research Methodology.
- Review of Literature and Seminars.
- Submission of Annual Progress Reports.
- Quality research paper publications.
- Thesis submission – After 3 years from the date of provisional registration.
The program constitutes of three phases as indicated below:
Phase 1 – Program Registration (Subject to UOM eligibility guidelines)
Phase 2 – Course work, Research work, Quality Publications & Thesis Submission
Phase 3 – Validation, Assessment & Certification
Value Added Courses*
- Ethical aspects of Publication
- Insight to comprehensive literature review
- Workshop on Research paper and thesis writing
- Hands on training in relevant tools for Data Analysis
DR. MADHAVI LOKHANDE
Dr. HARI SUNDAR.G
Comes with a decade of industry experience and as served as faculty in institutes like TKM, VIT and also as guest faculty at PSG IM. He has as many as 6 in Scopus and 5 in ABDC journals.
DR. IRSHAD NAZEER
Nice blend of corporate and academic experience with over 15 years of total experience. Published over 15 articles in peer reviewed UGC journals.
MSc, MPhil, PhD
Over 2 decades of senior leadership experience in the IT industry and in research. Has won awards and is a reviewer of many journals.
Admission to the Ph.D. program at ISME is highly competitive. The Admissions team reviews applications on an individual basis looking at both quantitative and qualitative aspects of an applicant’s professional and academic background. An elaborate selection process is followed to ensure quality enrolment.
- General Merit candidates – Master’s degree or equivalent with minimum 55% marks or equivalent. (50% in case of SC / ST Category)
- In case of in service candidates – a minimum of 5 years of regular experience associated with teaching profession as teachers/ library professionals/ physical education instructors/ laboratory staff in educational institutions.
- NET qualified and KSET candidates are exempted from taking the entrance exam
Stage 1: Complete Application Form (Online)
Every applicant seeking admission to ISME needs to complete the Application Form, attach the required documents and submit the entire application to ISME’s Admission Office.
Stage 2: Personal Interview (Online / Face to face)
Shortlisted applicants called for a personal interview with a panel of experts from ISME.
Selected applicants have to take up an entrance test conducted by University of Mysore. Coaching and guidance provided for the same
Stage 4: Admission Decision
Based on the review of the application, test scores and the recommendation of the interview panel, the admission committee invites selected students for admission to the program. Admitted candidates are sent the Admission Offer letter. The admission would be final only after the receipt of confirmation of Admission Acceptance from the candidate and the payment of the registration fee. Fee once paid is non refundable. Admission will be confirmed once the candidate cleared the entrance exam, conducted by University of Mysore.
Applications for Entrance Test shall be invited usually only once a year and the entrance test notification is announced by the University. The Registrar (Evaluation) shall invite application from the eligible candidates.
- The Entrance Test shall consist of one paper on the broad area of Ph.D. of 100 marks with 3 hours duration. Syllabus of the paper shall be framed by the respective Boards of Studies based on UGC / CSIR National Eligibility Test (NET) pattern.
- The question paper shall contain 50 objective type questions of one mark each and essay type / short answer questions for 50 marks.
- For candidates intending to do inter/ multi-disciplinary research, the Entrance Test shall be a common Entrance test in a general paper and the syllabus of the paper shall be framed by the inter/ Multidisciplinary Board of Studies